The church was built in 1697 and
closed at the beginning of 1930.
The icons from the church were
transferred to the Tretyakov
Gallery. While the church was
closed, it was used first as a
factory and then as a warehouse.
Worship services were resumed in
January 1993. Currently the
building is in s atate of
disrepair. The church belongs to
the Moscow Patriarchy.